Nine months into an emotional growth journey a man starts sharing these kinds of thoughts:
- I’ve run fast all my life. Now, I am slowing down.
- I’ve been a people pleaser. Now, I am learning I don’t have to please everyone.
- l’m listening deeper and when I am challenged, I argue much less.
- Now, I am more accepting of myself and others.
- My life has become a mixture of happiness and sadness.
- Sadness, because i’ve been grieving past hurt, shame and losses.
- I am talking more about my inner self, thoughts, and feelings.
- My soul is healing, and I am feeling lighter.
- Recently, I’ve had this new thought. “I am going to be okay!”
- It’s so freeing. I am living a life I thought was not possible.
- My wife is happier and so am I.
- My life has flipped. It has become more full of love and a lot less about struggles.
- I have to admit, this new journey is still a little wobbly. But, I’m figuring it out.
- In the past my damaged soul was leading.
- Now, the Holy Spirit and my Spirit are leading.
…that, in reference to your former way of life, you are to rid yourselves of the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you are to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth.Ephesians 4:22-24
Put off the old self…..put on the new self.
Father, thank you for growth and hope. Amen