In the book, Build the Life You Want by Brooks and Winfrey, they discuss the topic of happiness. They ask this question: “Can you be just a little happier today?” They continued. “Even if a current obstacle doesn’t get removed? Or, your situation does not improve?” “Your relationships may not get better.
Still, can you be a little happier today?” The book includes a story about a teacher. He has stage four pancreatic cancer and is near death. He’s determined to walk in happiness daily, despite his terminal diagnosis.
Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus.Romans 8:1
Here’s how I’m integrating two ideas.
- I am going to be a little happier today than yesterday.
- And, there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus.
- So, I will allow no thoughts of shame, self criticism or unworthiness today.
- Instead, I will allow more peace and rest in my soul.
- And, I will live in joy and express more happiness.
- Today, I will walk, talk, and express a little more happiness.
Despite any darkness, ugliness or brokenness I will practice the skill of finding a little more happiness in each day.
In Jesus’ name, Amen